I thought this video was going to be terrible. Most of these club videos featuring two players playing a lighthearted game are unbearable — things feel forced, it looks like it’s the first time the players have ever talked to each other and they want to go home.
But Samuel Umtiti and Arda Turan are really good at assigning their teammates specific emojis. Maybe it’s because we use emojis way too much, maybe it’s because the nearly telepathic understanding Barcelona players seem to share lends itself to little activities like this, but Umtiti and Turan aren’t messing around.
- Busquets is an octopus, playing that defensive midfield role like he’s got a bunch of legs.
- Andres Iniesta is a trophy because that’s what you are when you score the winning goal in a World Cup final.
- Luis Suarez is a live bomb.
- Lionel Messi is top.
- Neymar is electric.
- Jasper Cillessen, who is very white and whose name sounds like Casper, is a ghost.
- Arda Turan assigns Umtiti the piece of poo.